Silfix® U8 Uses
- Low modulus, neutral cure, solvent free, silicone sealant.
- Sealing curtain walling and pre-formed panels.
- Sealing of construction joints where movement can occur
- Bonding and sealing of PVCU trims and components
- General weather and draft-proofing applications
- Specifically formulated and suitably packaged for the professional applicator.
- Available in 380ml cartridges
Silfix® U8 Key Features
- Low modulus, neutral cure (25LM)
- Excellent tooling properties
- Low odour
- CE marked for facade and glazing applications
- Available in a wide range of colours: PVCU White, Brown, Black, Brick Red, Buff, Grey, Anthracite Ral 7012, Dark Anthracite 7016, Portland Stone, Mid Grey and Magnolia
Silfix® U8 Properties
Application temperature range:
+5°C to +40°C
Skin forms after approximately 30 minutes at 23°C @ 55% RH.
Cures at a rate of 2 –3 mm in 24 hours at 23°C @ 55% RH. Lower temperatures and drier conditions will result in a slower rate of cure.
Approximately 15 minutes.