Silfix® U9 Uses
- Premium quality, low modulus, neutral cure silicone sealant widely regarded as one of the best low modulus silicone sealants available.
- Capping and bedding of glass and insulating glass units in bead glazing systems.
- For sealing joints between GRP panels and roof sheets, trims and flashing in roofing and cladding, PVCu, aluminium, steel, timber frame and door surrounds, construction and industrial applications.
- Conforms to ISO 11600 G-25 LM. Tested to EN 15651-1:F-EXT-INT-CC, EN 15651-2:G-CC and EN 15651-3 S (Translucent tested to parts 1 and 2 only).
Silfix® U9 Key Features
- Excellent adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces
- High movement accommodation
- Compatible with all major European edge sealants for double glazed units
- Suitable for use with laminated glass
- Superior performance across a wide range of temperatures
- Colours: White, Translucent, Brown, Black & Grey
- Packaging: 310ml cartridges and 600ml sausages
Silfix® U9 Properties
Application temperature range:
+5°C to +40°C
Skin forms after approximately 30 minutes at 20°C @ 60% RH.
Cures at a rate of 2-3mm in 24 hours at 23°C @ 60% RH. Lower temperatures and drier conditions will result in a slower rate of cure.
Approximately 15 to 20 minutes depending on conditions.